1) You need to eat properly. You can do all the exercise you want, and if you are putting junk in your body, you will get a junk result. Not a judgment, just a fact.
2) You need to move. Just move: go for a walk, stretch on the floor, go to a yoga class, do a DVD, ride a bike. We were not built to sit at a desk all day, drive home in a seated position, sit at the table (and eat junk), and then sit in front of the TV. Do something to move every joint in your body. Every day.
3) You need to sleep. Go to bed in a dark, silent room and get 8 hours of sleep. Trust me, you do need it.
4) You need to treat yourself well. Don’t put yourself last on the list. No one likes a martyr and you really aren’t fun to be around when you are bitter. Your friends confirmed this for me.
5) You need to take care of those nagging injuries before they start screaming for your attention. Get evaluated by a physical therapist who will look at you as a whole, then work with said physical therapist to address your issues. If you are given home exercises to do, well………….do them. We’re really not mean; we just know that if we don’t hold you accountable and don’t encourage you to push your limits, you might as well be having coffee with your friends.