Oh, Athleta, how do I love thee, let me count the ways:
1) The Globetrotter Pant – described in the catalog as a super-skinny wrinkle-resistant travel cargo pant. I had high hopes. Boom! They delivered! I would re-write the description like this “Once you put these pants on, you will never, ever want to take them off. They look like skinny jeans but feel like leggings, your butt will look amazing, you can dress them up with heels on New Year’s Eve or wear them to push a Prowler in a seriously sweaty workout. Buy them. Now.”
2) The Mayarasana Bra – soft, lightweight, seamless, anti-odor, anti-bacterial, moisture wicking, and breathable. Adjustable straps that convert from straight to racer back. Best of all, removable cups! Thank you, Athleta, for putting cups in a sports bra that is comfortable enough to wear all day, every day, and supportive enough to wear for work outs. The cups are key here – many low impact sports bras have no liners to hide the headlights! This bra looks great under clothing or all alone in the gym. I love it. I want everyone to know about it. If you are an A or B cup, it will change your life.
3) The Whatever Skort – with a name like that, you have to be intrigued! Described as wicking, quick drying, semi-fitted, rated UPF 50+, and perfect for the adventurista. It’s all that and more. It’s just the right length (long enough to cover your assets but short enough to be cute), the inner shorts are not noticeable, and the skort can be worn for literally, whatever! Dress it up, dress it down, good to go from school drop off in the morning, to work, then to the gym in the evening.
4) The Long Sleeve Twist Top – seamless, naturally anti-odor, anti-bacterial, moisture wicking and breathable. The color is out of this world, the shirt is fitted, but not uncomfortably tight. The sleeves are nice and long (wish they had thumb holes) and the body is long enough to keep you covered. Can be worn as a first layer; but, nice enough to wear for a run in 50-ish weather.
5) The Equator Tank – this tank is thick, soft to the touch, easy to pull on and off overhead, has removable cups, and the neckline is high enough to prevent having to readjust during yoga. The back is really attractive while still allowing you to feel covered. This top is cute enough that I would wear it out to dinner in the summer with a black skirt.
6) The Treeline Tee – Cotton blended with wicking, quick drying microfiber. Semi-fitted double-layer design. I got so many compliments on this top. The design is gorgeous and the ruching adds a nice touch. It’s warm enough to wear all winter; but, not so heavy that you will sweat if you have an active job. I wore this straight from work to the gym with no problem. (Pictured above, outdoors, with The Whatever Skort).
It was so much fun reviewing these clothes c/o Athleta. I really did love everything I tried. The good news is that some of these items are on sale because, guess what? Athleta’s Spring Preview Catalog just came in today’s mail! Happy shopping!